Wednesday 2 December 2015

LIFE UPDATE | trying to feel Christmassy

Pinterest
 It's finally December which means that Christmas is only around the corner.  I've already done the majority of my shopping for everyone's presents but will inevitabily buy so much more than planned, which is fine, I like to spoil people especially at this time of year.  We've put the tree up and already started watching Christmas films but for some reason, I'm not feeling 100% in the Christmas spirit - I just don't think it's cold enough yet!  There's no frost, I can go out in only a jumper and scarf and be comfortable.  This morning when I was driving to uni, Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade came on, and I don't know whether it was the fact that it was 7:50 in the morning, but it felt so in your face, it was too Christmassy.  Maybe a bit of Mariah or Buble would have sufficed.

I'm going to London in two weeks to go to a load of art galleries and exhibitions, and mainly try to resist going to do even more Christmas shopping.  I've never been there at this time of the year so I'm really looking forward to experiencing it, I will definitely not be able to resist going to the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland!  I'm also excited to see what the Tate Modern has on for their Christmas market.  Maybe it will just be the one exhibition and a few quick gallery visits..

My sister, Jasmine, turned 14 yesterday so we celebrated that over the weekend and obviously on her actual birthday which was a lot of fun.  Because it's on December 1st so we always put the tree up on the same day too, so that was really exciting & puts you in the Christmas spirit a lot more!  So these past couple of weeks have consisted of shopping, drinking too many Costa Christmas drinks, and eating too many carbs - exactly what this time of year is all about.

Undeniably the best Christmas film

Necessary Costa pit stops while shopping

Most beautiful shop bought cake there is

Carb-alicious TGI Friday's with Monique

Next week I'm going to 2 gigs; Don Broco in Nottingham and Lower Than Atlantis in Birmingham which I am so unbearably excited for!!  Then obviously, I have the trip to London coming up and most exciting of all, breaking up from uni in two weeks for almost a month off - three weeks of no alarms!  I'm thinking of getting a new tattoo in the next couple of weeks too, I haven't had Marie inflict her pain on me a while and I want some new pretties.

Thanks for reading!
XXXX



*All photos are my own unless stated otherwise
*I was not paid or sponsored to write this post

1 comment: